Every inhaler is different, if a patient has used an inhaler in the past; the technique for a new inhaler might not be the same. Autohaler can be very useful to people who have trouble with timing and coordination that is needed to use other MDI inhalers, because you only need to be able to seal your lips around the mouthpiece and breathe in Slowly and Deeply. But many people do not use them the right way. If you use your Autohaler incorrectly, then less medicine gets to your lungs proving ineffective control.
How to Use Inhaler
The Autohaler is breath activated. This means when you inhale, the Autohaler automatically releases a mist of medication. When inhaled correctly, the medication has a better chance to reach the small airways. This increases the medication's effectiveness.
Remembering each and every step to use the inhaler correctly can be a little difficult. Educating yourself to use the inhaler correctly, significantly improves the delivery of medicine. How to Use Inhaler app demonstrates correct inhaler technique in a step by step manner using video and audio.
Also the How to Use Inhaler app will help you:
- Learn the correct step-by-step technique for your Autohaler inhaler
- Time your step precisely with on-screen timer for holding your breath
- Practice the steps as many times as you want until you can perfect the technique*
- The breath-bar from How to Inhale app features in this app and will help you time your medicine inhalation
- Ensure you get the right dose next time you use your Autohaler inhaler
- All steps are available anytime, anywhere and on any device you may be using
*The Practice mode of the app is only available in the In-depth Training.
The How to Use Inhaler app is also presented in a step-by-step manner. All steps are precisely timed for you to learn and practice the inhaler technique effectively.
Step1: Take off the cap from the mouthpiece.
Step2: Shake the Autohaler well.
Step3: Hold upright and push the lever up until it clicks into place.
Step4: Exhale away from the inhaler.
Step5: Inhale slowly and deeply. You'll hear a click when the medication is released.
Step6: Hold your breath for 10 seconds. Exhale slowly through your mouth or nose.
Step7: Press the lever down.
Step8: Repeat 2 to 7 steps after 30 seconds, if another dose is required.
Step9: Close the inhaler.
Watch our immensely popular How to Use Inhaler video on Autohaler below to understand the steps leading to a correct inhaler technique.
Do you want to see yourself practice the inhaler techniques along with a real instructor? The In-depth training offers you this and much more.
- Learn to How to Inhale and How to Use Inhaler correctly
- Practice with your device camera
- Retain correct technique with better medical outcomes
- Save your time and cost