Dry Powder Inhalers (DPI) were developed to overcome the difficulties faced when using Metered Dose Inhalers, specifically the hand-breath coordination. To extract the proper dose of medicine from the Neohaler, one’s own Quick and Deep breathing is required. If the breathing is not Quick and Deep enough, then chances are that the medicine will settle at the back of your throat or mouth leading to ineffective dose delivery.
How to Inhale
When you take in a Quick and Deep breath through the mouthpiece, the fine powdered medicine is drawn deeper into the small airways of the lungs providing immediate and effective relief from symptoms.
Through the correct inhalation technique, the inhaler can be effectively used to manage the airways. The best way to learn and practice the correct way to inhale the medicine is to practice the inhalation technique shown in How to Inhale for Neohaler app.
The How to Inhale app will help you:
- Practice the technique repeatedly so that you can perfect the technique*
- Learn the correct Quick and deep inhaling technique for your Neohaler
- The How to Inhale app will teach you to:
- Learn how much to hold your breath so that your medicine can be most effective
- Do this anytime, anywhere and on any device you may be using, and all at your own pace
- Ensure you get the right dose next time you use your Neohaler
*The Practice mode of the app is only available in the In-depth Training.
The How to Inhale app is presented in a step-by-step format and gradually introduces visual and audio based cues like a breath-bar and hold breath timer for you to learn and practice the inhaling technique effectively.
Step 1: Follow the instructor with a breath-bar and audio cue.
Step 2: Learn holding your breath after inhaling
Step3: Learn the technique only with the audio cue
Watch a quick demo of How to Inhale app. This video will help you understand the steps leading to a correct inhaling technique for your Neohaler.
Want to see yourself practice the Quick and Deep breathing technique along with a real instructor? The In-depth training offers you this and much more.
- Learn to How to Inhale and How to Use Inhaler correctly
- Practice with your device camera
- Retain correct technique with better medical outcomes
- Save your time and cost