Purpose of Cleaning your Inhaler
To make sure you get the right amount of medicine when you use your inhaler, it is important to use it correctly and keep it clean. Failure to clean your inhaler can result in buildup that can block medication from reaching your lungs.
- Remove the mouthpiece cover
- Wipe the mouthpiece with a clean dry cloth
- Turn the Autohaler upside down. Tap back of the Autohaler. Flap should come down so that the spray hole can be seen
- Clean flap with a dry cotton swab
- Put mouthpiece cover back on. Make sure lever is down
- Clean the Autohaler once a week or more often if Autohaler is visibly dirty