Picture this, you have just come back from a visit to your Doctor or Pharmacist and you cannot recollect all the steps they showed you on how to use your Diskus inhaler.
You are not alone; studies find that most people do not remember all the steps to take an inhaler medicine or use incorrect technique.Using published data on rates of incorrect inhaler use, authors estimated that $10 billion a year are wasted due to poor technique.
How to Use Inhaler
Clinical studies have proved that Asthma and COPD patient's inhaler techniques can be significantly improved by educating the patients about their inhaler use. Inhaler education can be best delivered to the Asthma and COPD patients through audio-visual instructions performed by the skilled educator.
This How to Use Inhaler app demonstrates correct inhaler technique for your ADVAIR Diskus and FLOVENT Diskus in a step by step manner. You can watch the instructor in the Learn Section of the app to learn how to use your MDI inhaler correctly and evaluate your steps each time by using the Practice Section of the app.
The How to Use Inhaler app will help you:
- Learn the correct step-by-step technique for your ADVAIR and FLOVENT Diskus inhalers
- Time your step precisely with on-screen timer for holding your breath
- The breath-bar from How to Inhale app features in this app and will help you time your medicine inhalation
- Practice the steps as many times as you want until you can perfect the technique*
- All steps are available anytime, anywhere and on any device you may be using
- Ensure you get the right dose next time you use your Diskus inhaler
*The Practice mode of the app is only available in the In-depth Training.
The How to Use Inhale app is also presented in a step-by-step manner. All steps are precisely timed for you to learn and practice the inhaler technique effectively.
Step1: Check the dose counter to see the number of doses remaining.
Step2: Hold the inhaler properly in both the hands. Open the inhaler by using the thumb grip slide. You'll hear a click.
Step3: Hold the inhaler horizontally. For loading the dose, slide the lever downwards. You'll hear a click.
Step4: Exhale away from the inhaler.
Step5: Place the mouthpiece in your mouth. Take a quick and deep breath.
Step6: Hold your breath for 10 seconds. Exhale slowly through your mouth or nose.
Step7: If you are using "Flovent Diskus" and have been advised to take another dose, then repeat the steps from 3 to 6, after 30 seconds. If you are using a corticosteroid medication, rinse your mouth after all doses are complete.
Watch our immensely popular How to Use Inhaler video on Diskus below to understand the steps leading to a correct inhaler technique.
Do you want to see yourself practice the inhaler techniques along with a real instructor? The In-depth training offers you this and much more.
- Learn to How to Inhale and How to Use Inhaler correctly
- Practice with your device camera
- Retain correct technique with better medical outcomes
- Save your time and cost