The Metered Dose Inhalers (MDI) use propellants to deliver doses of medication to the lungs of the patients. Using a MDI seems simple, but most of the times people have a hard time in learning the correct technique. If you use your MDI the wrong way, less medicine gets to your lungs.
Medication delivery, with few exceptions, is often taken for granted by many health care providers, patients and health care delivery systems. For treatment of pulmonary patients like Asthma, COPD and Allergies, the medication delivery is very challenging as well as confusing; it requires expertise of both the participants (health professionals and patients).
Through correct inhalation techniques with an MDI, Asthmatics and those with COPD can effectively use these devices to manage their airways.
How to Use Inhaler
Your inhalation techniques can significantly be improved by educating yourself about your inhalers and how to use them correctly.
How to Use Inhaler app is specially designed for people suffering from Asthma, COPD and Allergies and use any type of MDI inhalers one example being Albuterol Inhaler like VENTOLIN HFA. This app demonstrates correct MDI inhaler technique in a step by step format and covers all critical steps that lead to the most effective medicine delivery.
The How to Use MDI app will help you:
- Follow the instructor to get the maximum benefit from your MDI inhaler
- Practice the technique with the instructor using a webcam*
- The breath-bar from How to Inhale app features in this app and will help you time the pressing of the MDI inhaler and breathe in Slowly and Deeply
- Time your step precisely with on-screen timer for holding your breath for maximum medicine effect
- All steps are available anytime, anywhere and on any device you may be using
- Ensure you get the right dose next time you use your MDI
*The Practice mode of the app is only available in the In-depth Training.
The How to Use Inhale MDI app is presented in a step-by-step format. All steps are precisely timed for you to learn and practice the inhaler technique effectively.
Step1: Remove the cap from the inhaler.
Step2: Shake the inhaler well for 5 seconds.
Step3: Hold the inhaler firmly by placing your index finger on top of the canister, and thumb on the bottom of the mouthpiece.
Step4: Sit straight or stand up.
Step5: Tilt your head back slightly.
Step6: Exhale away from the inhaler.
Step7: Put the inhaler in your mouth. Press the inhaler and start breathing in at the same time. Take a slow and deep breath.
Step8: Hold your breath for 10 seconds. Exhale slowly through your mouth or nose.
Step9: Repeat 2 to 8 steps after 30 seconds, if another dose is required. If you are using a corticosteroid medication, rinse your mouth after all doses are complete.
Watch our popular video to learn the correct steps on How to Use your MDI Inhaler.
Do you want to see yourself practice the inhaler techniques along with a real instructor? The In-depth training offers you this and much more.
- Learn to How to Inhale and How to Use Inhaler correctly
- Practice with your device camera
- Retain correct technique with better medical outcomes
- Save your time and cost