Incorrect usage of Dry Powder Inhalers (DPI) might have a major influence on the clinical effectiveness of the delivered drug. Dry Powder Inhalers (DPI) were developed to overcome the difficulties of using Metered Dose Inhalers, specifically the mastering the relatively difficult skill of co-ordinating the pressingof the inhaler and inhaling the medicine.
What helps to deliver the medication into your lungs is your own inhaling (inspiratory) forceful breathing. Your breathing should be Quick and Deep to extractthe medicine from the inhaler.
How to Inhale
When you take in a Quick and Deep breath through the mouthpiece of the Pressair, the fine powdered medication is separated from the larger carrier particles and drawn into the lungs.
Breathing in Quick and Deep may sound simple, but clinical studies prove that large proportion of patients fail to do so. Regular practice of Quick and Deep breathing using the app How to Inhale will help improve your inhalation and lead to effective and complete dose delivery.
The How to Inhale app will help you:
- Learn the correct Quick and Deep inhaling technique for your Pressair inhaler
- Practice the technique over and over again so that you can perfect the technique*
- Do this anytime, anywhere and on any device you may be using, and all at your own pace
- Ensure you get the right dose next time you use your Pressair inhaler
- • Learn how much to hold your breath so that your medicine can be most effective
*The Practice mode of the app is only available in the In-depth Training.
The How to Inhale app is presented in a step-by-step manner and uses visual and audio based cues (breath-bar) for you to learn and practice the inhaling technique effectively.
Step 1: Follow the instructor with a breath-bar and audio cue.
Step 2: Learn holding your breath after inhaling
Step3: Learn the technique only with the audio cue
Take How to Inhale for a spin. Watch the video below to understand the steps leading to a correct inhaling technique for your Pressair inhaler.
Want to see yourself practice the Quick and Deep breathing technique along with a real instructor? The In-depth training offers you this and much more.
- Learn to How to Inhale and How to Use Inhaler correctly
- Practice with your device camera
- Retain correct technique with better medical outcomes
- Save your time and cost